After more than 10 years of juggling reading glasses like a circus act and wandering my house searching for a pair on almost a daily basis, I finally came to the realization that it was time to join the full-time spec wearing population.
My husband and children all did this effortlessly, putting them on first thing in the morning and laying them on the nightstand to rest in the evening, but I had tried prescription progressives before and I found myself struggling to walk out the front door of my house without looking like a lunch time drunk stumbling out of a dark bar into daylight.
But my eyesight along with a few other body parts continues to deteriorate and this former 20/20 gal realized that it was time for another try at the world of enhanced vision. I was determined to make this work, asking the optician for detailed instructions on when to look up (distance) and when to look down (reading) and wondering how I would ever do this without feeling stupid. So much to my surprise, I put on my new glasses and they are perfect. Just like that. I can see as clear as looking through glass, up, down and all around. I have rejoined the land of the sighted and it is amazing.
Last weekend, people kept giving me that quizzical did you get a hair cut look, because you look different. So I can see and I get a new look. It's a miracle. So for all my vain friends out there doing the reading glasses juggle, get over it. The only downsides are you have to watch out when you swoop in for a kiss and I can now clearly see that I am in desperate need of pedicure.
No comments:
Post a Comment