First of all, my apologies to the real daily mitzvah blog. A more prudent person would have searched for competing blog titles before embarking on this. I only did it after the fact when I thought changing my url from my prior complain about the world blog title "gimme a break" would make sense. So I now know just how many mitzvah themed blogs there are. The other daily mitzvah does what it says, lists events of note on a daily basis for those inclined to do good and needing a nudge in the right direction. It looks like a very successful blog and a good idea. My idea is so much smaller and personal. I doubt that anyone will ready my blog at all unless they stumble upon it by mistaking. So Sorry! If I can come up with a better name than I will. As for changing the URL that will also have to wait. I am such a novice that just getting to this page and writing something every day is enough learning and practice for me.
Speaking of practice, the whole intent here was to practice mitzvah, or a kind of mitzvah friendly attitude, till it becomes a habit. It is too early to jump to any conclusions. Yesterday's new request for money came from the Los Angeles Mission. As for my baking for shiva, it did not come out great, but brought it anyway, it is hard to feel good when you are embarrassed by your baked goods. So even here, in the world of nice gestures, my competitiveness and insecurity come forward. But I do think that I am working harder to say thank-you, and to greet people with warmth and be a good listener, and that is all ok.
Had a great talk with my mom today, she shared that the cans of pate that she carried back from Spain weren't all that tasty. I shared my disappointing baking outcomes. We both felt better.
No comments:
Post a Comment