Wednesday, September 28, 2011
9/28/2011 Erev Rosh Hashonah
It just seems too easy to put a pot roast in the oven, to polish a bit of silver and set the table. Just the four of us for dinner tonight, one friend. Doesn't feel like goodness, just a bit down and tired. Not quite two weeks into this, my secret hope was doing good would be good for me. And there have been some moments where I felt that I was putting out a better vibe, but a bit too much real world let downs came into the picture yesterday and am trying not to be derailed by a personal pity party. I know it is enough to make the dinner and go to services. Shame on Jon Stewart and Seth Rogen for not doing anything on Rosh Hashonah, figure it out, have an apple with honey and spend 15 minutes out of your day to day activity considering what things you can do to contribute to the greater good. What was I expecting when I started? A lighter heart, some lucky moments, mostly that has happened. To expect more is to expect too much. Am going to recharge over the next few days and take a fresh start next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment